Add new comment
I'm known to love and find good deals and am especially happy if it's food related! Hence, I spent quite a bit of time finding as many offers as possible for my birthday. This was in December so the majority of the offers should carry over to this year.
For my birthday, 100+ emails greeted me. Besides direct email lists for restaurants, I also used ibirthdayclub for smaller San Diego restaurants but unfortunately you still have to sign up for each individually. The majority were the "buy 1 get 1 free" type, but I did find a few winners in the process.
The Works (Mission Valley area) - a free 2-topping pizza through ibirthdayclub. This was the biggest surprise as I was expecting something small! I estimate 14" in diameter! We also ordered their breadsticks which came with yummy marinara.
Fogo de Chao (all locations) - $25 off your lunch or dinner. Considering lunch is typically priced at $32, this is a pretty slick discount.
Nothing Bundt Cakes (all locations) - free mini bundlet. The white raspberry flavor is delicious!
El Pollo Loco (all locations) - free 2-piece chicken meal or tostada salad. This is a simple chicken tostada salad.
Firehouse Subs (all locations) - free small sub on day of your birthday by showing your ID. No coupon needed. Here I tried the yummy Firehouse Hero.
Jamba Juice (all locations) - free 12 oz smoothie or juice using your membership card
Starbucks (all locations) - free drink or pastry using your membership card. I don't drink coffee so decided to try the ham and cheese pastry.
Ghengis Grill (all locations) - free regular bowl. This one is the pre-created steak meal and is enough for 1.5 people! Too bad the only SD location (Mira Mesa) opened and closed within a short period of time!
Daphnes (all locations) - $5 off your next purchase (within 60 days) using your membership number. I paid the difference here but if you do their street taco promo, you can get three for chump change.
El Torito (all locations) - free entree (max $12.99) using your membership number. Also valid for use at Chevy's and Acapulco. I paid the difference for the sizzling platter (regularly 14.99) and it was a delicious upgrade choice.
Jersey Mike's Subs (all locations) - free regular sub sandwich on the day of birthday. I love their Italian sub done Mike's way.
Noodles & Co (all locations) - free entree. You can upgrade to add soup or salad for free as well. This was the bangkok noodles with pork on top.
Red Robin (all locations) - free burger using your membership number. I had the Chophouse Burger with a side of steamed vegetables.
Rubios (all locations) - free entree (max $7). My birthday is always around langostino lobster season so I don't mind paying the small difference for this burrito!
Schlotzsky's Deli (all locations) - free regular sandwich. It used to be the original sandwich only but this year I was able to select the Fiesta Chicken variety.
Which Wich (all locations) - free regular sub. This one was the pesto chicken sandwich with cranberries and candied walnuts.
Izumi Japanese Restaurant (Poway area) - 50% off bill ($20 max) through ibirthdayclub. See our review in the link.
Eat at the Pearl Hotel (Point Loma area) - free entree with $50 minimum purchase. See our review in the link.
Yes, we ate all of that in December. I missed a few offers, notably the free cupcake from Sprinkles but Mary posted about it on her birthday post. I've listed the best deals below. I also found two ibirthday items at Landmark Deli, Buttercream but apparently both locations are permanently closed! Oh well...
- Albert's Mexican Food & Bar (4 locations) - 3 Big Rolled Tacos
- ** Barra Barra Saloon (4016 Wallace Street) - on the 5th day of your birthday month, you eat free ($14.95 max).
- * Boathouse Restaurant (2040 Harbor Island) - free prime rib entree (see specified day on link)
- * Burger Lounge (multiple locations) - free shake with purchase of entree
- Brothers Family Restaurant (5150 Waring Road) - $10 toward birthday meal
- Cafe 21 (802 5th Avenue) - free entree during birthday month
- Coffee Couture (6020 Santo Rd) - free expresso drink
- Cucina Basilico (3755 Murphy Canyon Road) - free birthday appetizer.
- Cupcakes & More (9225 Carlton Hills Blvd, Santee or 1033 B Avenue, Coronado) - free cupcake
- * Del Mar Rendezvous (1555 Camino Del Mar, Del Mar) - buy 1 get 1 free (member)
- Domenics Ristorante Italian (12719 Poway Road) - $10 off entree.
- * ** Eat at the Pearl (1410 Rosecrans Street) - free entree with min purchase of $50 on day of your birthday
- * Izumi Sushi Grill (12245 Poway Road) - 50% off total bill ($20 max)
- Pegasus Cafe (16719 Bernardo Center Drive) - $10 off your next visit
- * North Park Sushi (3021 University Avenue) - free lunch up to $10 or free dinner up to $15 (party of 3+)
- * Phil's BBQ (3 locations) - front of the line pass for you + 3 friends
- Poway Fun Bowl (12941 Poway Road) - 2 free bowling games
- Saska's (3768 Mission Boulevard) - free meal ($16 max)
- Slaters 50/50 (2750 Dewey Road #193) - free bacon brownie
- The Works (5608 Mission Center Road #901) - free 2-topping pizza
*requires purchase; **signup not required
- Baskin Robbins - free scoop
- * Benihana - $30 for your meal with purchase of adult teppan entree
- Ben & Jerry's - free scoop
- * Bruegger's - free bagel with cream cheese with purchase of beverage
- Bruxie - $5 off any item
- Daphnes - automatic $5 off your next purchase (member)
- Dunkin Donuts - free beverage
- El Pollo Loco - free 2-piece chicken meal or tostada salad
- El Torito/Chevy's/Acapulco - free entree (max $12.99)
- * Einstein Bros Bagels - free breakfast sandwich when you buy any drink
- Firehouse Subs - free medium sub (day of birthday, no coupon required)
- * Fogo de Chao - $25 toward lunch or dinner (sign up the month prior to bday)
- Ghengis Grill - free regular bowl or menu item
- * Godiva - $10 off purchase (must make min $20 purchase prior to become active member)
- IHOP - free birthday meal
- Islands - free dessert
- Jamba Juice - free 12 oz smoothie or 12 oz juice (member)
- Jersey Mike's Subs - free regular sub & 22 oz fountain drink (day of birthday)
- Krispy Kreme - free doughnut
- Mimi's Cafe - free dessert
- Noodles & Co - free birthday bowl
- Nothing Bundt Cakes - free bundlet
- Red Robin - free burger (member)
- Rubios - free entree ($7 max)
- Ruby's Diner - free sundae
- Scholotsky's - free small sandwich
- Sprinkles Cupcakes - free cupcake
- Starbucks - free drink or pastry (member)
- Which Wich - free small wich
- Wingstop - free large fresh cut seasoned fries
- Yogurtland - 3 oz free
Extra non-restaurant surprises
- big bear/snow summit - free lift ticket on day of birthday
- dsw - $5 off purchase
- fresh & easy stores - 200 points
- restaurant.com - $10 egift card
- sephora - free birthday gift
- ulta - free birthday gift
I'm sure that's not everything but I think I had a good haul. Only a few months until we do this again for hubby Dennis!